Topical, protest, and resistance songs from Kentucky, Virginia, Arkansas, Trinidad by way of New York City, Oklahoma by way of California, and the Mississippi State Penitentiary, better known as Parchman Farm.
1. Sarah Ogan Gunning: I Hate the Capitalist System. NYC, November 1937.
2. Hobart Smith: Peg and Awl. Bluefield, Virginia, August 1959.
3. Big Bill Broonzy: Black, Brown and White Blues. Decca Studios, NYC, March 1947.
4. Lord Invader: Yankee Dollar. Town Hall, NYC, December 1947.
5. Woody Guthrie: Dust Bowl Refugees. Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., March 1940.
6. Nimrod Workman: 42 Years. Mascot, Tennessee, July 1983.
7. Floyd Batts: Dangerous Blues. Parchman Farm Camp 11, Parchman, Mississippi, September 1959.
8. M.B. Barnes & prisoners: Oh Freedom. Parchman Farm Women's Camp, April 1936.